Translate

Monday, November 4, 2013

A Matter Of Public Record...

Today began yet another week in the food service industry.   I spent 20+ years in food service, scrubbing walls, floors, drains, and even the thresholds and door jams at the entrances/exit doors of the building.  I thought this is what good managers were SUPPOSED to do.  My employees had names for me (I'm certain) when I pulled out the toothbrushes and said, "Well, we're not busy today so we need to clean!".  We even scrubbed the grout with toothbrushes!  I can't imagine any inspector coming into my facility and telling me it was filthy and needed to be cleaned.  I would have been mortified.  I don't want to even think about how many managers I have said just that to in the past week.

How many of you know that health inspections are public record?  In most states you can go online and check out the scores of your favorite restaurants....reward those that are doing a good job by frequenting their facilities.  If they're not doing a good job, well - I'll let you make that decision on your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment