Translate

Monday, December 3, 2012

Breakfast at ???

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  In my mind they are always too short!  Yesterday my husband and I decided that we were going to go out for breakfast - something we rarely do.  We visited an establishment that I can only bear to visit about once every year or so.  It's one of those places that the entire kitchen is in full view, so you have the full "advantage" of seeing and hearing everything.  This would not be a bad idea, if the restaurant was run well.  It is not; but, every time I agree to go I'm hoping things have changed...

My husband decided that we would sit at the bar instead of sitting at a booth, I agreed (why?).  I promise you, even though I own a food safety training/consulting company, I am not obnoxious to eat with; however, as I stated I already have issue with this facility and their seeming inability to do the basics correctly. 

How many food safety violations can be broken in one dining experience?  Who are the single use gloves meant to protect?  Is it OK to scratch your nose, touch all of the handles on the equipment, scratch your nose again, touch the tops of two plates, put toast in the toaster and take it out of the toaster, and then put it on those plates?  Waitresses were handling dirty and clean dishes; not to mention collecting money.  We were in this facility for 45 minutes, NO ONE washed their hands, NO ONE changed their gloves, NO ONE....

Is any wonder the ceiling vents were growing fur and I could have scratched my name in the filth on the baseboards?!

No comments:

Post a Comment